Whether you’re new to working out or a regular member at the gym, this punchy read is for you to keep you moving forward with your goals 2019.
Strive to keep it challenging and fun. Always push yourself when it starts to get easy; you want to leave the gym feeling that you’ve challenged yourself, that you gave your all!
– It’s important to remember to pursue good posture. Don’t be afraid to ask one of the members at your gym or a Personal Trainer if you’re doing it right; that’s what they’re there for!
– Start with bodyweight exercises and once that feels easy, introduce some light free weights. Need some inspiration? Download your free workout https://test.vivagym.co.za/fitness-library/
– Engage with your bread and butter training. The classic exercises are classic for a reason. Think squats, lunges, deadlifts, bench press, dumbbell, lat-pulldown, seated rows etc. Now if you’re a newbie to the gym, again ask for help.
– Start with a straightforward, easy routine 3 times a week. Viva Gym has created free bespoke workout routines for you. Simply select a workout to suit you.
– Make sure to include rest/recovery days in between sessions.
– Always warm up and stretch after every session.
– Eat within an hour after each session.
– We’ve all heard it before “Abs are made in the kitchen” Cut out junk food. BUT if you are feeling like something sweet then enjoy those treats, in moderation of course. Don’t feel guilty but perhaps see it as extra fuel to work even harder at the gym!
Remember, any change is better than what you are doing right now. Commit to making the small everyday changes first. It is possible! Just start today—you will thank yourself in a few months!
Remember Viva Gym is Your Gym. We’re here to support you on your fitness journey.